Pumpkin season highlight: Joe's grain-free pumpkin bread recipe!
Autumn is synonymous with pumpkin and we wouldn't let the season pass us by without digging into a delicious loaf of Grain-Free Pumpkin Bread. The recipe comes courtesy of our Co-Founder Joe Dickson and let's just say it's everything you'd want from a pumpkin bread and more. Filled with flavor and free of gluten, grains and dairy, each slice is heaven.
Recipe for Grain-Free Pumpkin Bread
This recipe is grain-free and dairy free, and it can be Paleo if you use unsweetened coconut or almond milk. You can use either Bob’s Red Mill Cassava flour or Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour, which is a blend of almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour and tapioca flour. It turns out a little more dense with the cassava flour. Here's how to make it!
1 T pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 T chia seeds
3 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup avocado oil
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup non-dairy milk of choice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 T chia seeds
1 T pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1. Preheat the oven to 375º.
2. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the remaining wet ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir gently until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and scatter the top with 1 T each chia and pumpkin seeds.
6. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Pumpkin bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes before serving.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.