Last updated: December 6, 2021
2. What information does Merryfield collect and how is it used?
The information we collect varies depending on the type of activity you are performing and helps us provide you the Services, personalize and improve your experience, and provide you with opportunities to learn about products and services that might interest you. We collect the following "Personal Information" about you:
- First and last name
- Email address
We may also collect the following "Other Information," which would be gathered through your use of the Website, App, or Services as described below:
- User content (as defined in the Terms)
- IP address
- Device information, such as a device token or an advertising identifier
- App usage information, such as:
- Details about products you have viewed, purchased, searched for, or favorited
- Details about Rewards earned and Offers activated and completed within your account
- Purchase Information about the items you purchase, such as item descriptions and quantities, time and date of purchase, total purchase cost, and the store or online retailer you purchased the items from. Purchase information also includes any information (including Personal Information) we collect from a linked retailer account or from a receipt copy that you submit to us when completing an Offer.
- Time, duration, and location of your App use
- Other activity logs
We and our third-party service providers may collect Information in other ways, including:
Linked Retailer Accounts: If you link an online retailer account to your Merryfield account, you are authorizing us to use the log-in credentials you provide to collect information about your shopping activity through that online account. We will monitor the retailer account and automatically log purchases that qualify for Merryfield Rewards.
Location-Based Features: Some of the features of the Services may enable us to access and collect information about your current or past location in order to personalize the Service for you and provide other features of the Services. In order to use these features, you must give us permission to use your geo-location through your device. We may access your geo-location using a variety of means, including GPS, IP address, or cell tower location. You may manage and opt-out of these features through your device's location settings. Even if you opt out of providing precise geo-location data, our App approximates your device location solely for fraud detection purposes.
Through Advertiser ID: Merryfield (and any third party with whom we have contracted) may gather and use your Advertising Identifier, which is a unique ID assigned to your mobile device for advertising purposes, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier.
Information from Other Sources: We may collect data that is publicly available such as information you have submitted in public forums, including social media platforms. We may also collect information from third parties such as demographic information and other information that can enhance our existing information about you. We use this information to provide you services and to improve the products and services we deliver to you, including to prevent fraud and/or to verify your identity.
De-identified and Aggregated Information: De-identified information is information from which individual consumer identities have been removed and that cannot reasonably be reconnected to a particular individual. We combine de-identified information of groups of people to gain meaningful insights into developing or improving products or services, marketing, or for any other legally permissible purposes. We may use de-identified and aggregated information to create market research products that we license to customers interested in consumer behavior and market trends. Our customer cannot re-identify any consumer whose information was included. De-identified and aggregated information will not be treated as Personal Information.
3. How will this data be used?
We do not sell your Personal Information for any purpose. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information in the following ways:
To Provide You with Requested Products and Services and Fulfill Your Request:
We may process, use, and share the information you have provided us and other information we collect to provide the products, services, and information you request and to otherwise fulfill your requests.
Communicating with You, Including for Marketing:
We may use your information to communicate with you if you have provided us the means to do so. For example, if you have given us your email address, we may send you newsletters, respond to inquiries, send administrative information, send promotional email offers on our own behalf or on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. You may receive an email from us or a Third Party to complete a purchase you have made, to follow up on sweepstakes, offers, rewards, or promotions you have signed up for, or market other goods or services that may interest you.
Facebook Custom Audience:
We may participate in Facebook's Custom Audience program, which enables us to display personalized ads to individuals on our email lists when they visit Facebook. We share Personal Information with Facebook in order for Facebook to determine whether you are a registered Facebook account holder in connection with this program. You can opt-out of Facebook Custom Audience by sending us an email with your name and email address and we will forward your request to Facebook, which would delete you from all our Facebook Custom Audience ads.
Internal Business Purposes:
We may use information you have provided us or that we have otherwise collected on the Website or App to:
- Develop or improve the effectiveness of our Website, mobile experience, products, Services, and marketing efforts;
- Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited, or other illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Conduct research and analysis; and
- Perform other business activities as needed
Merryfield may partner with companies, such as manufacturers of goods, loyalty programs, or other organizations ("Partners") and collect Personal Information or Other Information to understand your shopping activity or preferences. Merryfield may use this information to provide you with information about events, promotions, sweepstakes, benefits, and goods or services that may interest you or to improve the goods or services they provide to you.
Other business affiliates and third-party service providers:
Merryfield may use other organizations to perform specific services for us as part of the core functionality built into the Website or App and to deliver Services to you. We may share Personal Information and other collected information with third party service providers to perform or help perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may share information with third party service providers for customer support services, receipt processing services, fraud detection or prevention services, crash reporting, payment processing, gift card processing, or other functions of the Services.
Linking to Third Parties:
We may include links to third party websites on our Website or in ours Apps. We are not responsible for the content or availability of the linked site. If you enter into a transaction on the third party site, we are not responsible for that transaction. Also, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from ours and we are not responsible for any Personal Information collected as a result of your visiting the linked site.
Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any content that you post on the Merryfield website or App or send to us in an email, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services. Please remember that any content you submit may become publicly available and can be collected, viewed and used by anyone. If you do not want others to see your information or any content you provide, do not post it on the site or submit it in any other way.
Legal Requirement or Business transfers:
We may share or disclose your Personal Information when required by law or as necessary to protect our interests or those of our affiliates and/or employees or as part of a sale or purchase of our business.
4. What personal information can I access, and how do I edit or change my personal information?
When you log into your account or email us at email@example.com, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or request deletion of the following information you have provided to us:
- Active offer lists
- Favorite product lists
- Email address
- Past receipts
You may be able to add, update or delete information. However, when changes are made we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
For California Residents:
In the 12 months before the Revision Date, we collected information regarding consumers in the following categories:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number
- Log-in credentials for online retailer accounts you choose to link to your Merryfield account
- Commercial information, such as history of Offers in which you were interested or Rewards you redeemed
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history and information regarding your interaction with advertisements and other features on our websites
- Inferences drawn from the information described above to create a customer profile about you
We collect the information described above from the following sources: you, internet service providers, advertising networks, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and social networks.
Over the 12 months preceding the Revision Date:
- We disclosed personal information in all of the categories listed above to service providers who help us provide our Services to you and operate our business, such as payment processors, shipping companies, printing companies, analytics companies, consumer reporting agencies, and fraud protection and investigation companies.
The CCPA grants California residents the following specific rights:
- The right to ask us to disclose what personal information we have collected, used, or disclosed about you.
- To make a request for disclosure, click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will use the process described below to verify the identity of anyone who requests your personal information
- You can ask us to provide this information to you up to twice in any 12-month period
- We will not disclose information that we are prohibited from disclosing by applicable law. For example, the California Consumer Privacy Act prohibits us from disclosing your credit card number or account password.
- The right to ask us to delete the personal information that we have collected from you
- To make a request for deletion, click here or email us at email@example.com
- We will use the process described below to verify the identity of anyone who requests deletion of your personal information
- Please note that deleting your information may limit the Services that we can provide to you.
- Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, there are some exceptions to the right to delete under which we are entitled to keep your information. For example, we are not required to delete your personal information if we need it to complete a transaction you requested, fulfill the terms of a written warranty, or use it internally in a manner that is consistent with the reason for which you provided it
- The right to opt out of sales of your personal information
- You have the right to tell a business that sells personal information not to sell your personal information (the right to "opt out").
- We do not sell personal information.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights
- We cannot treat you differently, such as by offering you different services or reducing the value of any Rewards, because you chose to exercise your privacy rights
- This rule does not prohibit us from offering different Rewards that are directly related to the value of your information to us
Verifying a Request to Disclose or Delete under California law
In order to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure or deletion, we will not disclose any information unless we believe that the person making the request is you or your authorized agent. To verify the identity of the requestor, we will ask for your name, address, and email address. We will also ask you for an additional piece of information to match information we already know about you, such as the name of a store for which you've submitted a receipt or an item you purchased in connection with an offer. We may send an email or text message with an authentication code to a device you have used previously to communicate with us. If you have a password-protected account with us, we can verify your identity by using your account authentication credentials.
If you have authorized someone else (an “authorized agent”) to request information on your behalf, you must give the agent your written and signed permission. We may request that you identify yourself directly and confirm that you have authorized the agent to submit the request on your behalf.
5. Other privacy topics
Protection of Children's Personal Information
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children's personal information. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe that a child younger than 13 has provided personal information to us, please contact us.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
If you choose to register an account with us, it will be protected by a password of your choosing for your privacy and security. It is your obligation to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser and by logging out after you have finished accessing your account. In addition, we maintain administrative, physical, and technical controls in order to protect your Personal Information.
The Services are hosted and intended for users located within the United States. Our Services are not directed at or offered to residents outside the United States.
How we treat Do Not Track signals:
Because we do not track individual users across the Internet, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals received from Internet browsers.
What choices do I have, and may I opt out?
You can always choose not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. If you choose not to disclose certain information to us, some of our features or services may not be available to you, or the App may become unusable.
If you no longer wish to receive automated email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email you receive from us or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you unsubscribe to Merryfield messages or have not provided accurate contact information, you may not receive these updates.
You may edit or delete information in your profile or request cancellation of your account by emailing email@example.com. Some information may remain in our records after you edit or delete it or cancel your account.
What if I have questions about this policy?